Admin Control Panel

New Post | Settings | Change Layout | Edit HTML | Moderate Comments | Sign Out

Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Hi, my name is...

This is my first blog and I am still a little confused about the concept, so bear with me. I am a United States Marine. I have been in 10 years and loving every minute. My family is my strength and God is my foundation through Christ. I am very opinionated and I can admit that I am sometimes wrong, either because at times I am naive or just because I am sometimes rash. I am still figuring out my political views, it is hard to do in this time and age because it seems that the party platforms shift as often as tectonic plates do. I love technology (taken from Napoleon Dynamite). I have a super phone (HTC Kaiser aka AT$T Tilt), which I will go into further details in posts to come, that seems to take up entirely too much time of my life. I love to fish. I do not keep the fish, just being out in nature with my sons and spending time with them is enough.

Here is the first of many topics...

Background: I was driving somewhere and heard an ad on the radio to support the UNCF (United Negro College Fund). So you know, I am not Caucasian or Hispanic. I am both. I have friends and colleagues from all ethnicity's, races, gender etc. For a long time now I have given up trying to figure out people by looking at them. I am all for people getting college education. I am all for helping out people who are in need of assistance.

So here is my first question to anyone who will read this and has time to answer:

Do you think that the name of the organization United Negro College fund is further dividing the nation, or is it helping repair the injuries of the past?

I believe it hurts America by bringing up a chapter in history that was wrong and horrible and focusing on it rather than focusing on the bigger picture. We need to move on and pave a new future, one away from skin color and all other divisors and get to the real problems. How to secure and protect our Nation from terrorists, how to fix our economy and how to bring America back to conservative family values that will allow us all to be prosperous. You do not have to believe in God or be a Republican to believe that a strong family unit is the key to our children's future.

FYI, I would not endorse, donate to , or defend the UCCF (United Caucasian College Fund) or the UHCF (United Hispanic College Fund).

Mark43 Out!!!

4 comments:

Citizen View said...

Hey Mark 43

Yes all the special little groups from all different races that name organizations after their race do nothing but help segregate our country. No matter what color you are why can't you just be an American. There are lots of Americans with different heritages and victim stories to go along with their heritage, but once were are here creating our dream we are just Americans.

The Citizen View

PS. Your blog is a good start. For politics just don't stray from your moral base and it all comes together.

JelO said...

Great post..
But we all have to sincerely keep in mind that everybody comes from a different background and cultures and no matter or even if they're in America- they can still be loyal to both.. (You can check out my multi-pledge post on that)
Anyway, about the Negro Fund thing... I don't really think anybody is paying attention as much about that anymore.. but yeah i agree it can bring up history pains.. But hey, people are getting helped right?

This was an insightful post!

Anonymous said...

Yea I agree on that one. But people tend to be proud of their race and group with others the same race as them. This is specially true with asians (im asian). I guess its because you can relate to one another as you tend to have similar cultures. Its a little different though if you were born in another country (asian born in australia or america) you tend to mix with other races more. I guess its more about background, and finding people you can relate.

I do agree with you though people should look past the races, and instead look to who that person really is rather than having pre-judgements or stereo typical images. Its hard to find people with blank sheets in their mind about races nowadays though.

A New Yorker said...

I think you make some great points. We have to live in the present not the past. Learn from the past for sure but live in the present. Stay strong to your values!